Incorporating essential oils into your daily anti-wrinkle face is very easy and trust me, you will be impressed with its effectiveness and results. You just need to know when, how, and what. As part of any skin care product, they will be essential in slowing down the aging process: here's the proof of their benefits and research results that can't be ignored!
Which facial oil to choose from wrinkles instead of cream
For the reasons mentioned above, it is not recommended to use it regularly in its pure form, therefore, it will not serve to replace daily care instead of a cream, as it can cause severe damage.
From wrinkles, for additional moisturizing and softening purposes, in its pure form it is used only in an emergency, a course of 1-2 weeks. You need to do this, adhering to the following rules:
- the face must be wet before application;
- the number of drops according to your skin type: dry 3-4 drops, normal 2-3, oily 1-2;
- after 15-20 minutes, cover the lid with a napkin, thereby removing the excess;
- after use, be sure to apply a moisturizer;
- Apply fat to the area around the eyes two hours before bedtime to avoid severe swelling.
An effective and safe way to use anti-wrinkle oil is to add a few drops to various masks, the recipe for which is given below. In combination with other components for 20-30 minutes, the compound will only be useful, provided that it is selected correctly (more on that later).
Anti aging can be done 2-3 times a week. At the same time, so that the skin does not get used to it, it is recommended to change the composition of the mask once a month.
Which cosmetic oil is better to use for facial massage?
Many people use massage techniques to prevent and remove wrinkles. If you watch training videos, then a lot of them are done with the help of oil. Also, many cosmetologists use it for this purpose. Apply liberally so your hands glide.
Which cosmetic oil is better to use for maximum effect on the face?
If you read the preface of this article carefully, you have concluded that even in minimal amounts (1-2 drops), its regular use in its pure form can be dangerous. And during the massage, it is not even a few drops, but a few ml, which you will gently rub for 20-30 minutes several times a week.
Consequences for oily - clogging of pores, increased secretion of sebum, appearance of acne, even if it is not comedogenic.
The consequence for dry skin is the breakdown of the lipid layer and, as a result, severe dryness and peeling.
Facts about skin aging and the causes of wrinkles
Your skin makes up the bulk of your body, accounting for more than 15 percent of your total body weight. But did you know that it is also a major part of your immune system? In fact, the surface of the skin contains beneficial bacteria that control and fight harmful microbes.
Here are the most basic causes that lead to premature skin aging.
- Genetics- Usually, the skin of people belonging to the Caucasian race is more prone to aging due to increased elasticity.
- sun exposure- the influence of ultraviolet radiation and free radicals accelerates the formation of age spots and negatively affects the condition of skin cells.
- Environment- a drier environment causes dry skin, dry skin is less healthy, wrinkles more quickly. Here, too, one should not forget about the exhaust gases in the city and the huge amount of dust and dirt that settles on the face, forms a film and prevents the cells from breathing.
- Bad habits- Smoking, drinking alcohol and an unhealthy diet speed up the process.
- Mimicry and facial expressions- laughter prolongs life, but smiling a lot and squinting, we provoke the appearance of wrinkles at a young age.
- Using too many skin care productsy - the application of many cosmetics, especially non-natural ones, most often causes the skin to become dry, sagging under the weight of heavy creams and powders, and a loss of elasticity.
- Inappropriate way to use- many industrial products often do not contain a minimum amount of natural ingredients, the use of such compounds clogs pores, changes the genetic composition of cells.
- HormoneHormonal changes can also signal increased dryness and skin problems.
- Age related changes in the body- these are changes that occur during aging of the body and lead to changes in the chemical composition of cells and the loss of collagen - the main element that provides elasticity, which means youthfulness of the skin.
Fortunately, by using natural essential oils for wrinkles and making small and simple lifestyle changes, you can slow down the aging process at a young age.
The best fatty and essential oils for wrinkles
In the fight against wrinkles, fatty oils and essential oils are used. About their application features will be discussed further.
Each of them, depending on the composition, has its own comedogenicity - the ability to clog pores and cause inflammation, as well as cause swelling.
In total, there were three groups - non-comedogenic (1), low-comedogenic (2), and very comedogenic (3). According to this indicator selected for your skin type. So, for the fat type, the third group is contraindicated.
The following is a list of fatty oils with an indication of the comedogenic group (in brackets) that are suitable for treating wrinkles:
- Sea Buckthorn (1).
- Peach (2).
- Rosehip (1).
- almonds (2).
- Argan (1).
- grape seed (2).
- Wheat germ (3).
- sesame (2).
- olives (2).
- Shea - shea (1).
- Coconut (3).
For wrinkles around the eyes, the following groups are suitable:
- grape seed (2).
- Avocado (2).
- Rosehip (1).
- almonds (2).
- Hazelnuts or walnuts (2).
- Jojoba (2).
- Coconut (3).
- Cocoa (3).
It is also important to consider the method of making the oil. The most useful cold pressed, which retains the maximum amount of nutrients.
But non-natural ones (minerals, petroleum jelly) are better not to use at all. They are very pure of petrochemical elements and can block the normal functioning of the sebaceous glands, contributing to the development of acne.
Therefore, also pay attention to this factor and use only cold-pressed.
As you know, essential oils enhance the beneficial properties of fats and are also not recommended for use in their pure form. Therefore, they are used in mixtures with basic (fat) ones.
For rejuvenation, the following are recommended:
- Pink - deeply moisturizes and removes fine wrinkles.
- Lemon - known for its whitening and toning properties.
- Patchouli - has a lifting effect.
- Geranium - smoothes and makes elastic, suitable even for the most sensitive.
- Frankincense - fights crow's feet well and is great for the area around the eyes.
- Ylang-ylang, rosewood, grapefruit, neroli and sandalwood.
Lavender essential oil
Lavender Essential Oil - Suitable for all skin types. Highly recommended for the treatment of sensitive, tired and aging facial skin. It has a refreshing, renewing and regenerating effect. Provides a regulatory effect on the function of the sebaceous glands.
Lavender oil is very effective for all types of skin damage.
It is widely used in cosmetology - it stimulates the growth of new cells, removes swelling, redness, irritation and dryness of the skin. An excellent remedy for rosacea.
How to apply oil on facial skin: 3 ways
It can be applied in three ways:
Pure like a serum (sometimes)
Before use, it must be warmed to warm, because it is more effective when warm. To do this, it is enough to hold a few drops (dry 3-4 drops, normal 2-3, 1-2 oily) in a warm palm for a few seconds and can be rubbed with your fingers in a driving motion, always clean. and moist skin. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes, then pat dry with a paper towel to remove residue. Make sure to apply moisturizer.
But remember that you need to use this method only in emergency cases with a course of 1-2 weeks.
Compress under the eyes
Heat some oil until it is warm by dipping the bottle in warm water. Then soak two cotton balls and apply them to the under eye area. Let stand for 15 minutes, then wipe with a tissue.
This should be done no later than two hours before bedtime and also within 1-2 weeks.
Masks are the best
Each fatty oil works very well in combination with essential oils that have rejuvenating and regenerating properties. In addition, additional ingredients are added to the composition of the mask, which enhances the effect.
Since they can oxidize, they must be cooked in a glass or porcelain dish.
To make using oil safer and more useful, you need to follow a few rules:
- It is better to use not one, but a combination of several types. The ratio of fat in this way will be more suitable.
- Apply a drop to wet skin, or add a cream to enhance its nutritional properties.
Which oil is right for you
If you've never used essential oils in your skin care, try the most neutral scents to start with, like lavender. The main guideline in choosing an oil will, of course, be the condition of your skin, its type and any existing imperfections you want to get rid of. Any oil can be used at any age, the main thing is to correctly assess the condition of the skin.
It is important not to unbalance dry skin, which is oily and very dry. For this skin type, refined oils are suitable:
- sage oil.
For acne, look for oils that work on wrinkles and blemishes. Our list includes:
- tea tree oil;
For discolored skin, and skin with pigment spots and post-acne, orange oil is suitable:
How to use almond oil for wrinkles - mask recipe
It is one of the most popular products in the care of not only skin, but also hair. The texture is thin, thanks to which it is absorbed quite quickly and does not leave a film on the surface.
Almonds are the oiliest of all pitted fruits. It is a unique tool that can enrich the body and the dermis with beneficial microelements.
In its composition:
- Oleic acid is a powerful antioxidant that regenerates the cell structure of the skin, normalizes the water-fat barrier, restores collagen fibers.
- Linoleic acid - is part of the lipid layer, which retains moisture and protects the skin.
- Vitamin E - slows down the aging of cells, removes the inflammatory process from the surface.
- Vitamin F - prevents the appearance of enlarged pores, normalizes the sebaceous glands.
- Vitamin B2 - promotes tissue regeneration, thereby treating eczema and psoriasis.
- Carotenoids - protect against UV radiation and help slow aging.
- Bioflavonoids are the most powerful natural antioxidants that protect cells from damage, protect collagen fibers, which help maintain skin elasticity and elasticity.
- Magnesium - participates in the formation of collagen, eliminates puffiness.
- Amino acids - take part in the synthesis of proteins (collagen, elastin, keratin), strengthen the protective function of the skin, regulate the level of moisture.
- In addition, it contains iron, zinc, sodium, phosphorus.
A nourishing anti-aging formulation using fatty oils in combination with other components will help smooth and prevent the appearance of fine lines on the face. You can do it 1-2 times a week.
After the procedure, apply a moisturizer.
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp almond oil (2)
- 2 tsp honey.
Mix well and apply, except around the eye area, for 15 minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
Mask with cocoa
- 3 tsp dry cocoa butter (3)
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon almonds (2).
Dilute cocoa powder in warm milk, then pour in a spoonful of almonds. Apply for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- 1 teaspoon pure wine
- 1 teaspoon fat cottage cheese
- 2 tsp almonds (2).
Mix all the ingredients and apply the mixture for 30-40 minutes. Then remove with warm water.
This mask perfectly tightens the skin and helps to get rid of dryness.
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon of liquid honey
- 1 egg yolk.
Mix all the products and apply for 20-30 minutes, then rinse.
The mixture can be stored in the refrigerator.
Mix almonds with ground coffee or salt. Massage your face in circular motions in circular motions to remove dead cells, promote micro-circulation and increase metabolic processes.
How to use castor oil for facial rejuvenation
This drug is also used by our mothers and grandmothers both in facial treatments and for body care and cleansing. It is suitable for aging, dry and sensitive skin.
It's non-comedogenic, so it won't clog or enlarge pores. You can use it safely.
Castor oil perfectly moisturizes, nourishes, whitens, protects the skin from exposure to low temperatures in winter, removes peeling and restores the protective properties of the epidermis.
The composition is rich in vitamins A and E, which help to synthesize elastin and collagen, on them elasticity and firmness depend.
Palmitic acid helps retain moisture in the skin.
It is advisable to use castor oil in a warm form, heating it in a water bath. So it will be absorbed more quickly and the action will be more effective. If you add it to the mask, it will be easier to connect with other components when it is warm.
You can use it in the three ways described above.
Castor oil mask
From wrinkles around the eyes
- 1 dessert spoon castor oil
- 5 drops of vitamin E (solution).
Mix and apply a thin layer on the eyelids. Apply it to the skin with your fingertips and leave it on for 10 minutes. Blot the rest with a sponge.
- 1 teaspoon banana puree
- 1 teaspoon castor.
Mix with a fork into a homogeneous puree and apply for 15 minutes. Remove with warm water and apply moisturizer.
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp castor
- 1 teaspoon raw mashed potato.
Grate one raw potato on a fine grater and add to the yolks. Pour in the castor oil and mix well. Apply the mass with a wide brush on the face, except for the area under the eyes, for 15 minutes, then rinse.
According to beauticians, cocoa butter, sea buckthorn, olive, cumin and a number of other plants and fruits can and should be used, as they are effective ways to tighten and rejuvenate facial skin. However, you should only buy proven products, which come in small dark glass bottles.
Advice! Experts do not recommend mixing more than seven types in a row, because in this case there will be no beneficial effect, and the appearance of unpleasant consequences can be guaranteed. They also do not recommend the use of oil extracts during pregnancy and lactation.
Use of camphor oil for oily skin
This drug has drying properties, which is why it is used for this type of fat.
Moisturizing, tightens pores, regulates sebum secretion, has a brightening effect, helps to overcome the effects of acne.
The product has a certain smell, which is not suitable for everyone.
In its composition:
- cineol - renews cells, improves skin evenness;
- safrole - anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which are important in the treatment of acne and pimples;
- phellandren - stimulates the production of collagen;
- bisabolol - eliminates inflammation and irritation;
- limonene - has brightening properties.
- 4 drops of camphor
- 15 gr cosmetic clay
- 10 grams of natural yogurt.
Mix the clay powder with yogurt and drop the camphor. Apply the composition for 30 minutes, then remove with warm water.
Anti aging eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 0. 5 tsp camphor oil.
Stir the mass and apply locally on the areas with wrinkles. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off. It is recommended to do it every day for a week. After a while, the course can be repeated.
You can also periodically add a drop of camphor to an anti-aging cream to enhance its properties.
Benefits and uses of jojoba oil for wrinkles on the face
Jojoba is often referred to as "liquid gold" because it has very valuable cosmetic properties.
Derived from jojoba seeds. This plant is very hardy thanks to the wax that covers the pores of the plant during hot summer days and cool nights. This wax prevents the evaporation of moisture. Its vital force is beneficial to any human organism.
It is one of the best emollients and is considered to be more effective than spermaceti oil.
It contains amino acids, which in structure resemble collagen. And he, as you know, is responsible for the elasticity of the blanket.
Also, this product is rich in vitamin E, which has regenerating properties, which is very effective in the fight against wrinkles.
Very good to use this product for owners of dry and sensitive skin.
- 2 tbspjojoba
- 25 drops sandalwood
- 25 drops of patchouli.
Mix and apply for 10 minutes, avoiding the eye area. Then rinse with warm water.
For deep wrinkles
- 5 ml (1 tsp) wheat germ oil
- 5 ml avocado
- 5 ml jojoba.
- 3 drops damask rose
- 2 drops of neroli
In a glass bowl, mix the indicated amount of all the ingredients. The mixture is poured into a dark glass bottle and can be stored for 3 months in the refrigerator.
Apply a thin layer locally on the wrinkles, using your fingers to apply the mixture. Avoid the area around the eyes, so as not to experience swelling. Let stand for 15-20 minutes then wipe with a tissue.
You can do this procedure up to 3 times a day for 1. 5-2 months. Further, it is better to change the recipe to another, so as not to become addicted.
Lifting mask with whitening effect
- 1 teaspoon jojoba
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (don't add for dry skin).
In a glass bowl, mix the egg yolks, honey and lemon juice. Pour the warm jojoba into the mixture (hold a spoon over the heat). Apply for 15-20 minutes and wash off with warm water.
Unfortunately, our skin gradually becomes thinner and loses its elasticity, which means it becomes more fragile and susceptible to external damaging factors. The amount of collagen and elastin, the main components that give it elasticity, decreases over time, and the glands stop producing enough fat to moisturize the skin.
How can essential oils help us in this case? They have many properties - from moisturizing, rejuvenating, nutritional to wound healing and tissue regeneration.
Best Essential Oils for Skin
- lemonneroliand othersOrangeessential oils are rich in the most powerful antioxidant - vitamin C. It directly protects the skin from aging by recovering free radicals.
- sandalwood oilcontains compounds that stimulate the pituitary and hypothalamus to produce more growth hormone, because over the years it is released less and less, and it is very important for our skin.
- Clary sage oilHelps skin look smoother and firmer by tightening open pores. To some extent, this oil helps hide existing wrinkles, but also prevents the appearance of new ones.
- frankincense oilprotects old skin cells and promotes the growth of new cells, helps reduce wrinkles and loss of skin elasticity and tone, is also the best oil for treating eczema.
- carrot seed oilAids in new cell growth and is an excellent remedy to lighten imperfections and fight tightness.
- lavender oilalmost the best oil for healthy and glowing skin. It perfectly moisturizes and increases blood flow to the skin, which means it supplies essential nutrients and oxygen.
- geranium oilprotects old cells from destruction and stimulates the growth of new ones, facilitating blood flow to the site of application. In addition to moisturizing itself, this oil also draws fluids from the body to the skin, making it more moist.
- patchouli oilProtects the skin from bacteria, fungi, yeast and inflammation. It also helps in the formation of new cells, maintaining skin density.
- myrrh oilIt also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, preventing premature cell death, which helps the skin stay strong for a long time.
- Ylang Ylang Oilhelps in the regeneration of skin cells, increasing its elasticity and smoothness.
- rose oilmoisturizes the skin and makes it more elastic, restores cell membranes and regenerates the skin as a whole, rejuvenating and smoothing wrinkles.
During skin care with essential oils, we follow the following rules:
Add essential oils to the base oil.
Before using any essential oil, mix a few drops of the oil of your choice with a teaspoon of your base oil. Ideal for most is a 2% solution of essential oils, for this you need to add 12 drops to a 30 ml bottle of base oil.
Be sure to test!
Before applying the prepared solution to your face, test for sensitivity and allergic reactions by dabbing a small amount on the inside of your wrist, skin that has a similar sensitivity to the skin on your face.
Use very little.
Essential oils are very fatty and you only need a small amount to get the moisture you need. In addition, it is very difficult to wash off, so apply a small amount on your face, it is better to take more if necessary.
Be careful not to get the oil in your eyes.
Essential oils are highly concentrated, so apply very carefully, closing your eyes tightly and keeping the oil away from your eyes.
Of course, you shouldn't buy all of the listed oils, choose one or more and mix them with your favorite base oil. We recommend using this combination as a night moisturizer, for day care.
Make your own oil mixture and store in a jar in a dark, cool place, apply at night by stroking without rubbing.
- 30 ml grapeseed or sweet almond oil
- 4 drops carrot seed oil
- 4 drops sandalwood oil
- 4 drops of neroli oil
Anti-wrinkle moisturizing liquid
With a little twist on the previous recipe, make a moisturizing face mist that you can carry around in a small bottle and use whenever you want. Spray several times a day, tightly closing your eyes.
- 30 ml water
- 12 drops of essential oil
If you are not ready to experiment with facials and you are new to working with essential oils, then I highly recommend that you start with at least a body oil. Makes luxurious, fragrant and healthy body butter. You can also add essential oils to shampoo and shower gel. Not only will you be thrilled with the scent, your skin will surely thank you with its radiance, elasticity and hydration!
All Beauty and Light!